Sympa Menu

public-l - [DENICpublic-l] Envisaged Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .de - Current Status

public-l AT list.denic.de

[DENICpublic-l] Envisaged Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .de - Current Status

  • From: DENIC Presse <presse AT denic.de>
  • To: Public-L <public-l AT denic.de>
  • Subject: [DENICpublic-l] Envisaged Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .de - Current Status
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:18:04 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

On 21 June 2013 ended the feedback phase for the initial concept of a Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .de as presented by us via this mailing list on 22 May 2013. We would like to take the opportunity to explicitly thank all those who contributed to the discussion for their commitment and their valuable comments and hints they submitted via this list or by e-mail.

In the meantime we have assessed and carefully weighed up all feedback and taken it into consideration for the final design of our RGP. All in all, our concept was well received. However, many comments opted for adjusting the duration of the RGP to the industrial standard of 30 days. Proposing a duration of 7 days, DENIC had initially planned a much shorter period in order to keep potential legal risks low. Yet, having thoroughly discussed the matter, we decided to follow the arguments for acting in consistency with the market and to comply with the wish for a 30-day RGP.

We are currently revising the Domain Terms and Conditions on this basis and have started preparatory works for the technical implementation of the RGP.

The precise launch date of the Redemption Grace Period for .de will be communicated in due time via this list.

Kind regards

Stefanie Welters
Public Relations
--

DENIC eG
Kaiserstraße 75-77

E-Mail: presse AT denic.de
Fon: +49 69 27235-274
Fax: +49 69 27235-235
http://www.denic.de

Angaben nach § 25a Absatz 1 GenG:
DENIC eG (Sitz: Frankfurt am Main)
Vorstand: Sabine Dolderer, Helga Krüger, Carsten Schiefner, Dr. Jörg Schweiger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Thomas Keller
Eingetragen unter Nr. 770 im Genossenschaftsregister, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main