Sympa Menu

public-l - [DENICpublic-l] Pilot Operation of RDAP Service for .de Domains

public-l AT list.denic.de

[DENICpublic-l] Pilot Operation of RDAP Service for .de Domains

  • From: DENIC Presse <presse AT denic.de>
  • To: Public-l AT denic.de
  • Subject: [DENICpublic-l] Pilot Operation of RDAP Service for .de Domains
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:38:39 +0100

Dear Sir or Madam,

With the new Registry Data Access Protocol (RDAP) published in March 2015,
the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) (https://www.ietf.org/) made a
fresh attempt to lay the technical foundation for a successor of the WHOIS
protocol. Unlike the WHOIS protocol, RDAP provides
· Server authentication as well as authentication and authorisation of
the inquirer
· Internationalisation
· Structured data format
· The possibility of encrypted data transmission.

RDAP for .de Domains
In order to gain some experience for the .de zone, DENIC has implemented a
pilot RDAP.
.de domains have two special features and we have developed a dedicated
extension (https://www.denic.de/en/rdap/extension) to take them into account:

1. Next to the technical contact (Tech-C), a .de domain has a separate
zone administrator (Zone-C).

2. You can register a .de domain by means of NS entry.

Pilot Operation of RDAP Service

DENIC makes available the RDAP service for test operation. This means in
particular that we do not guarantee any service level standards. Here is an
example of our pilot service: https://rdap.denic.de/domain/denic.de.
We provide RDAP via TLS-secured channel (https) only.

The output of RDAP includes exactly the same information about a domain as
the output retrieved from the public whois. To obtain information about the
domain holder and the Admin-C, you still have to use the domain query
(https://www.denic.de/webwhois/?lang=en).

For detailed information on test queries please refer to our website
https://www.denic.de/en/rdap/.

Feedback Option
If any questions emerge from your testing activities or if you wish to submit
feedback, please e-mail to rdap AT denic.de.

With kind regards

Beate Schulz
Public Relations Team
--
DENIC eG | Kaiserstraße 75 - 77 | 60329 Frankfurt am Main | GERMANY
E-Mail: presse AT denic.de | Fon: +49 69 27235-274 | Fax: -235

Angaben nach § 25a Absatz 1 GenG:
DENIC eG (Sitz: Frankfurt am Main). Vorstand: Helga Krüger, Martin
Küchenthal, Andreas Musielak, Dr. Jörg Schweiger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Thomas Keller. Eingetragen unter Nr. 770 im
Genossenschaftsregister, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main